Friday, January 8, 2010

2040

So I was watching TV last night with my brother. Of course he has the controller because I don't really care what we watch. But he was flipping channels and came across a documentary thing called "2040" and it was about what the world would be like in 2040. I thought it was really interesting of course, my brother didn't. But he stayed on the channel for about 2-3 minutes. And in that 2-3 minutes this is what happened.

- man talks about how the water for about half the countries would run out, as well as food. So millions of people would cross borders at once. Trying to survive.

- then it went to a kind of comic book/cartoon thing. Like the drawings looked like a comic book. and it wasn't animated. They were drawings. But it it was narrated by a woman. The woman was a paramedic, and she was at the Mexican-American border. "I was trying to give the people water on the other side of the fence when the fence broke! Hundreds of people just ran forward and the border patrol were out numbered. All of a sudden i heard machine gun fire! the border patrol was shooting into the crowd..."

I don't know what happened after that because my brother changed the channel. But i just thought the symbolism of it was kind of cool. Every things a mess, so we just shoot people down. That's cool...

1 comment:

  1. Micheal, Micheal.
    That honestly seems like something our country WILL come to.
    This country, supposedly the "land of the free and the home of the brave", is the land of the slaves and the home of cowardice.

    ReplyDelete